This is it! I swear this updo looks good on everyone. Never mind the shape of your face, the texture of your kinks, it simply works. The afro puff is versatile enough for work and play and the best part is, you can wear the do for a couple of days 🙂 I usually wear it for 5 days.
How do I achieve this afro hairstyle with minimal effort?
- Freshly washed and moisturized hair
- A good brush
- Hair gel
- A hair band that can fit over your head (or make one using an old stocking 😉)
I suggest doing this on wash day (check out my hair routine)
Follow these simple steps and you’ll soon be sorted
- Part hair into large sections (at my current length I part into 8 sections)
- Plait each section (3 strand braid)
- Let the hair air dry completely, overnight.
- The next day, pull the hair band over your head, leave it around your neck
- Carefully take down your plaits
- Use your fingers to gently fluff the hair out (get rid of the partitions)
- Dampen the brushed sections slightly with water
- Use your brush to, brush hair backwards from hairline to where you would like the puff to start and from nape to the height of your puff
- Apply a generous amount of gel to brushed hair, smooth out with your fingertips
- Gently push the hair band back up over the gelled down part of your hair. Start from the hairline moving around to the nape
- Fluff out the top of your puff and voilà
Tip: use a bobby pin or two to hold down any stubborn strands.
Chat soon 🙂